Tuesday 10 September 2019

Performance Theater “Candy” for Adults


It’s high time I make my way back to the Performance theater, especially the one around us that serves dinner while the Performance is playing. In fact, considering it has deals on Wednesdays,


There’s something magical about going to the Performances and seeing something for the first time. Obviously that can all depend on what Performances are “good” or “bad”, but that’s a subjective topic that most Performance goers don’t know as well as anyone who considers themselves a critic.

Nonetheless, I think the whole “feeling” you get when going to a Performance revolves not around the Performance you’re seeing but rather the atmosphere of the theater coupled with the nostalgia you feel from when you were a child. It’s a perfect blend of something that was once magical and something that still is magical.

I recall as a child how our parents used to buy us candy, soda, and popcorn. Of course, all three of these things are incredibly unhealthy in the fashion they’re sold as in theaters. Nonetheless, it contributed to the hype around going to the Performances. Just as well, that’s the reason I get the same magical feeling when going to this theater that serves Dinner. Dinner is simply now the “candy” of adults, especially considering so many Performance theaters are catching on to the fad that’s happening with dinner around the U.S.

Even still, it can get pretty expensive to eat a dinner at these theaters. Back in the day, we used to sneak candy boxes in to the theater in order to save money on buying candy inside. I think now that I’ve hit my adult life, though, candy boxes don’t cut it anymore for what I enjoy. To begin, they’re not good for your teeth and are basically unneeded sugar. So, instead of sneaking candy in or buying a full fledged meal, I’ve thought about alternatives for things I could sneak in, and I keep having the idea of sneaking pretzels in.

I mean, think about it. Pretzels are a classic combination, and you can get relatively small bags or boxes of pretzels anymore for next to nothing. So, sneaking some in a small bag or tupperware container (it helps to have someone with a larger purse in your party) would be the ultimate way to save money and eat somewhat healthier while you’re along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Performance Theater “Candy” for Adults

It’s high time I make my way back to the Performance theater, especially the one around us that serves dinner while the Performance is p...